Cooperative Trends Expected in 2011
By: Dennis Gardiner, Partner | email
What we expect to see in 2011...
- Use of 100% bonus depreciation.
- Continued investments in capital improvements, particularly grain storage.
- More interest in non-qualified patronage allocations.
- With the quick build-up over the past few years of retained earnings, we anticipate seeing more time spent in the board room or board retreats addressing the member’s equity mix of the cooperative’s balance sheet.
- Considerable time and money being spent in complying with OSHA standards.