A city or county is a complex business. Layers of constituents, a nontraditional workforce and the scrutiny of the general public are blended together with rigid rules and regulations. Working with a CPA firm that is familiar with the complexities of government work is of critical importance. Our decades of specialization in this area allow us to provide the guidance and resources you need to meet the expectations and requirements of your audience.
In addition to having more than 35 years of experience as a leading CPA firm offering government entity audit services, we have worked with various sizes of city and county government agencies, many of which we’ve established long-term relationships with.
Partnering with Gardiner + Company helps you navigate the often-difficult landscape of rules and regulations with a firm that has been there, understands the territory and is invested in your success.
Municipality and Government Entity Audit Services
- Chapter 11 of the Code of Iowa
- Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Single Audit Act Amendment of 1996
- Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Circular A-133
- Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States
- Internal controls, segregation of duties
- Policies and procedures compliance
- Accounting policies
- Audits of federal awards under OMBA-133
- GFOA certificate of achievement program
- Assistance with IRS and state authorities
- Sales tax evaluation
- GASB No. 34
- Budget monitoring and long-range financial planning
- Cash and liquidity management
- Disaster recovery planning
Cerro Gordo County has a long and valued history with Gardiner + Company. We rely on their extensive knowledge and experience in County government audits.Heather Mathre, Budget Manager, Cerro Gordo County